Easy Chicken Pot Pie
This easy to make Chicken Pot Pie utilizes refrigerated pie crusts and rotisserie chicken to make a super delicious and comforting pot pie loaded with chicken, potatoes, peas, and carrots.
Recipe type: Main Dish
- 1 cup peeled and diced potato
- ¾ cup sliced carrot
- ½ cup Challenge butter
- ⅔ cup diced onion
- 1¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon poultry seasoning
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cups shredded chicken from a rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup peas
- 2 refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 egg beaten together with 1 tablespoon water to make an egg wash
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place potatoes and carrots in a small saucepan, cover with water, and bring to a boil for 5-8 minutes to soften. Drain.
- Melt ½ cup butter in a large sauté pan. Add onions and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, thyme, and poultry seasoning. Sprinkle flour on top and cook for 1 minute, stirring to evenly cook the flour.
- Gradually whisk in chicken broth and then milk. Add potatoes and carrots and let simmer for a few minutes to thicken. Check for seasoning and add more salt and pepper if desired.
- Stir in chicken and peas. Turn heat off.
- Fit 1 pie crust into the bottom of a deep dish pie plate. Pour filling into pie shell.
- Place second pie crust on top and trim excess. Press the two pie crusts together to seal and crimp edge using your fingers.
- Brush egg white on top of the pot pie and use a knife to cut 4 slits to let steam escape.
- Place on a baking sheet and place in oven and bake for 30 minutes.