Creamy Rigatoni & Italian Sausage Skillet
By Who Needs a Cape
- 1 19 oz. pkg. Johnsonville Mild Italian Sausage Links, casings removed
- 1 16 oz. pkg. Barilla Rigatoni pasta
- 2 T olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 cup roasted red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or 1/2 and 1/2
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 t Italian seasonings
- In large non-stick skillet with lid heat olive oil over medium heat. Add Johnsonville Mild Italian Sausage links, break apart with wooden spoon. Break into small pieces as you are cooking.
- After sausage is thoroughly cooked, add into pan: Barilla Rigatoni, diced onion, roasted bell pepper, and chicken broth.
- Place lid on pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a medium-low simmer, cook for approximately 12-14 minutes until pasta is tender.
- Add heavy cream to pan and simmer an additional 3-5 minutes, sauce will be slightly thickened.
- Turn heat off. Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese and Italian seasoning on top. Place lid back f on for 2-3 minutes or until cheese has melted.