Creamy Garlic Scallop Spaghetti with Bacon
Creamy Garlic Scallop Spaghetti with Bacon - ready in well under 30 minutes, this in one quick & easy meal that's sure to impress. It easily adapts to serve just two as well, making it an ideal choice for a romantic dinner for Valentine's Day or at any time of the year you want to pamper your sweetheart.
Cuisine: Italian Inspired
Servings: 4 Servings
- ¾ pound dry spaghetti
- 4 slices crisp cooked bacon chopped
- 1 pound medium sized scallops
- Salt and pepper to season
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cloves minced garlic
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 cup low sodium seafood stock or chicken stock
- 1½ cups whipping cream
- 2 large tomatoes center pulp removed and diced small.
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook the dry spaghetti to al dente in salted water and drain.
- Crisp cook the bacon in a large sauté pan and roughly chop it. Set aside.
- Season the scallops with salt and pepper and pan sear them in the bacon fat for only about 1½ to 2 minutes per side and set aside with the bacon.
- Drain the bacon fat from the pan and add the olive oil and garlic; cook for only a minute to slightly soften the garlic.
- Add the white wine and seafood stock and simmer quickly for a few minutes until the liquid has reduced by about ⅓. Add the cream and simmer for an additional 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper if needed, then add the bacon, tomatoes and the scallops to the sauce. Simmer for only a minute or two to warm the scallops through before adding the cooked pasta and Parmesan cheese.
- Toss together the pasta and sauce very well before serving.