Coconut Crusted Mahi Mahi Sliders with Avocado, Mango and Lime Aioli
- 1 pound center cut mahi mahi, cut into two ounce portions
- 2 egg whites
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup sweetened, shredded coconut
- ¾ teaspoon salt, divided, plus more for seasoning
- 8 tablespoons light mayo
- 8 teaspoons lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- ½ teaspoon sirracha
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 mango, diced
- 8 mini brioche buns or any kind of mini bun or roll
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Set a cookie cooling rack on top of a baking sheet and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl whisk egg whites until frothy.
- On a large plate, mix panko, coconut and ½ teaspoon salt. Season with a little bit of freshly cracked black pepper.
- Season fish portions with salt and pepper. Coat in egg mixture, making sure excess drips off, and then coat in coconut mixture, patting off any excess breading.
- Place filets on cooking rack and back until golden brown and cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- While fish is cooking, mix together remaining salt, mayo, lime juice, cumin, garlic and sirracha.
- Toss mango and avocado together, season with a little bit of salt and pepper.
- Slather buns with lime mayo, place filet on top and top with a little bit of diced mango and avocado.