Chocolate Turtle Apple Slices
- 2 very large Fuji apples
- 3 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used Nestle)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup caramels, melted (I used Kraft caramels)
- Chopped pecans
- Popsicle sticks
lice apples into 1/2" pieces. With a knife make a little slit in the bottom of each apple slice to make it easier to insert a popsicle stick.
- Melt chips in the microwave on high for about 2 minutes.* Stir in coconut oil until smooth. Dip apple slices in chocolate and place on parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Place caramels in microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 45-60 seconds.* Do NOT overheat. Stir until smooth. Drizzle melted caramel over chocolate and sprinkle with nuts.
- Refrigerate for about 1 hour. Serve and enjoy immediately. Apples are best the first day. Store in refrigerator.
- *For best results, follow the chocolate chip package instructions for melting chocolate and same for caramel. Follow the caramel package instructions for melting caramels.
- Note: If you're concerned about biting into an apple seed, just remove them before dipping the apple slice in chocolate.