Chocolate Peppermint Bars
Chocolate crust topped with creamy peppermint cheesecake in this delicious NO BAKE recipe!
For the crust:
- 1 pkg (8oz) chocolate sandwich cookies
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
For the topping:
- 8oz Vanilla Candiquik, melted according to package
- 1 pkg (8oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 24 Peppermint Patties
- For the crust, process cookies in a food processor until a fine crumb. In a microwave safe bowl, melt butter with chocolate morsels for about 90 seconds, stirring after every 30 seconds. When smooth, fold in crushed cookies.
- Spread mixture in the bottom of a foil lined 13x9 baking dish. Use fingers to get mixture to pack evenly in pan. Freeze for about ten minutes, while making the topping.
- For the topping, beat cream cheese about 2 minutes until fluffy. Add
- melted candiquik and peppermint extract. Beat for 3 minutes on high until fluffy. Spread over cooled crust. Immediately press peppermint patties on top of cream cheese layer and add sprinkles, if desired. Cut into squares. Store in refrigerator for 3 days. ENJOY