Chicken Taco Stacks:
What it took for 2 stacks:
* 1 (14.5 oz) can refried beans
* 3 Tbs. lime juice, plus more for garnish
* 1 jalapeno pepper, minced (seeds removed for less heat)
* 1/2 cup chopped cilantro, plus more for garnish
* 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
* 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
* 8 corn tortillas
* 1 1/2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese (or more!)
* 1 avocado, sliced
* 2 scallions, sliced
Preheat oven to 400.
In a large bowl, combine the beans, lime juice, jalapeno pepper and cilantro. Stir until well mixed.
Lightly coat a large baking with cooking spray. Arrange the tortillas in a row on the sheet. Place in the oven and bake for 3 minutes. Flip and bake 3 more minutes. This just starts the tortilla crispin’! Go ahead and start a band called Tortilla Crispin’.
Evenly spread the bean mixture over each tortilla. Top with chopped chicken, dice bed pepper, cheese and scallions. Carefully stack the tortillas, 4 to each stack. But I guess you could have done that math. Sorry.
Slide her back into the oven for 20 – 30 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly and the tortilla edges are golden and crispy.
Garnish each stack with sliced avocado, cilantro leaves and fresh lime juice!