Chicken Mushrooms Spaghetti Nests
Very easy and delicious, these Chicken Mushrooms Spaghetti Nests make a nice fancy weeknight dinner, the perfect pairing for a glass of wine.
Author: Katalina Kastravet
Recipe type: Pasta
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 box spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 jar (24 ounces) marinara sauce, warmed
- 1 chicken breast, cubed
- 5 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 3.5 ounces porcini mushrooms
- 12 small fresh mozzarella balls
- bunch of fresh basil
- salt and pepper
- Place an oven rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Cover the bottom of a baking pan with parchment paper, or grease with butter.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat, add olive oil and salt. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, 8 to 10 minutes. Using a colander, drain the pasta and place back into the pot. Add the marinara sauce, gently stir well until combined. Set aside.
- In a large pan, over medium heat add 5 tablespoons of olive oil and when the oil is hot add the onion. Cook the onion until caramelized, a translucent golden brown color, stir occasionally for about 5 minutes. Add the chopped chicken breast, minced garlic and mushrooms. Cook until the chicken is done, stirring when needed, about 10-15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper as needed. When done remove from heat and set aside.
- Twirl ½ cupfuls of the spaghetti mixture around tongs or a large fork and transfer to the prepared pan. Make an indentation in the middle of each nest and fill it with 2 fresh mozzarella balls, a few tablespoons of the chicken mixture and some marinara sauce from the pan. Bake for 15 - 20 minutes.Remove from the oven and top with fresh chopped basil. Using a thin metal spatula, transfer the nests to serving dishes.