Cheesy Pimento Cheese Sausage Dip - includes 2 containers
This package includes two 15 oz. containers
Serves: feeds 8 to 10
- 1 (16-ounce) Johnsonville Italian Sausage Mild
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (16-punce) container of our favorite Callie's Pimento Cheese - available at http://foodiecitynetwork.com/pimento-cheese-mixed-2-pack/
- 1 (15-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 (10-ounce) cans diced tomatoes and green chilis (mild or hot), drained
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large skillet, brown the ground sausage. Drain any grease away. Return the pan with the meat to medium low heat. Cut the cheeses into cubes and add them to the pan. Cook until the cheese have melted, stirring occasionally. Add the drained whole kernel corn, two cans of drained tomatoes and chilis, and garlic powder. Cook until heated through. Transfer to a serving dish or to a slow cooker on warm to keep it warm. Serve alongside corn or tortilla chips.
Slow Cooker Instructions:
- In a large skillet, brown the ground sausage. Drain any grease away. Cut the cheeses into cubes. Add the sausage, cheeses, drained whole kernel corn, drained tomatoes with chilis, and garlic powder to the bowl of a slow cooker. Cover and set to low. Cook until the cheese have melted then turn to low. Serve alongside corn or tortilla chips.