- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs (Japanese bread crumbs found by the regular bread crumbs)
- 1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 Tablespoon dried onion (or use finely chopped fresh onion)
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon dry Ranch dressing mix (unprepared)
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 hamburger buns
- Optional Toppings: lettuce, prepared Ranch dressing
- Preheat your grill to medium high or the broiler on your oven.
- In a large bowl mix together the chicken, Panko crumbs, bread crumbs, onion, seasoned salt, garlic powder and dry ranch dressing.
- Form chicken mixture into 4 patties. Place on oiled grill or greased broiler pan.
- Grill/broil for 4-6 minutes on each side or until internal temp reaches 160 degrees. for the last minute of cooking place a slice of cheese on each burger to melt. Remove from grill/oven/
- Spread butter on the inside of the buns. Place on broiler pan and broil for a few minutes until golden brown or on the grill for a couple of minutes. Put chicken burger on bun and top with additional prepared ranch dressing or desired condiment.
Source: slightly adapted from Julies Eats and Treats . All I did was omit the BBQ dressing and added dry ranch dressing to the meat.
Read more at http://www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com/2014/05/cheddar-ranch-chicken-burgers.html#gIKdQh6x34GsU7qD.99