Makes about 8 servings
- 3 lbs red potatoes – cooked with skins and sliced (be sure to let them cool before you slice or they’ll crumble)
- 1 Stick of Butter (only the real deal)
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Small Bermuda Onion (Red Onion, sliced into thin rings)
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried rosemary, crushed (a little less if you use fresh)
- salt to taste
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion rings, stir to coat. Let the onions cook for 10-12 minutes (be patient, if you cook them too hot the butter will clarify and then it won’t mix with the sugar).
- Add the brown sugar and rosemary and a pinch of salt – continue cooking until the onions are translucent (another 10-15 minutes).
- Add the potato slices, stir gently to coat and let the potatoes heat. Serve immediately.