- 1 (5.2-ounce) package garlic and herbs cheese, softened
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup finely chopped toasted walnuts
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 48 slices white bread
- 2 carrots, peeled
- Garnish: green onion
1. In a small bowl, combine cheese, cream cheese, walnuts, red pepper, and black pepper. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
2. Using a 2 1/2-inch cutter, cut 48 rounds from bread. With a rolling pin, roll each bread round to 1/8-inch thickness.
3. Spread about 1 teaspoon cream cheese mixture on each bread round. Sprinkle center with paprika, and fold bottom of prepared bread round over, pinching end to seal. Cut small pieces of carrot, and place in center of each sandwich for flower stamen. Garnish with green onion tops to form stems, if desired.
*For testing purposes, we used Boursin garlic and fine herbs cheese.