- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 lb andouille sausage, fresh, casing removed
- 1 box lasagna noodles, dried
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1/2 bunch Italian parsley, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 28oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 6oz. can tomato paste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons creole seasoning
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasonings
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
For the Ricotta/Cheese Mixture:
- 1 cup parmigiano reggiano cheese, grated
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 cups jack cheese, grated
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- extra virgin olive oil
- Pre heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Cook pasta for 6 minutes.
- Rinse Pasta with warm water, drain, coat with oil and set aside.
- Mix seasonings, reserve 1 tablespoon for ricotta/cheese mixture, and divide remaining seasons in half, set aside.
- In a large soup pot heated over medium heat add 2 tablespoon of olive oil, add onion, bell pepper, and celery.
- Saute for about 5 minutes, add garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Add ground turkey and andouille sauce, break into small chunks. Season with half of the seasoning blend and cook until browned about 15 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and mix well, cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add crushed tomatoes and chicken broth, season with remaining seasoning blend and mix well.
- Lower heat to medium-low add parsley and cook uncovered for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
To Assemble Ricotta/Cheese Mixture:
- Mix eggs, ricotta, parmigiano reggiano, 1 cup sharp, jack, and mozzarella cheese with remaining seasoning blend and set side.
To Assemble Lasagna:
- In a large greased 13X9 inch casserole dish, place about 1 cup of pasta sauce on the bottom.
- Top with lasagna noodles, slightly overlapping noodles.
- Top with more pasta sauce, top with about 6 heaping tablespoons of ricotta/cheese mixture.
- Top with a handful of remaining grated cheeses and repeat with another layer of lasagna noodles, meat mixture/ricotta cheese mixture/grated cheese.
- For the last layer top with noodles, pasta sauce and remaining grated cheeses.
- Cover casserole with greased foil and bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.