Located in County Limerick and recognized as the originator of fine Irish cheese, Marion Cahill of Cahill's Farm has developed an interesting range of flavored cheddars. Using a base of tangy Irish cheddar, she has experimented with a variety of flavors and has come up with some very popular combinations.
We offer three types of Cahill's Farm Cheddar. Varieties sold separately.:
- Porter: This brown waxed gourmet cheese truckle is the original and definitive Irish Plain Porter Cheese. Each brown waxed truckle is individually handcrafted with plain Irish porter. This cheese is perfect as an hors d’oeuvre when sliced and served with a tossed salad. It is equally as good when served as a centerpiece on an after dinner cheese board.
- Whiskey: This yellow waxed gourmet cheese truckle is hand made using Kilbeggan Irish Whiskey, then matured into a tantalizingly delicious aperitif. This is a traditional Irish monastic Cheese reputedly brought by the Irish Monks to Scotland. It is a simple vintage cheddar entwined with Kilbeggan Irish Whiskey to give a fabulous savory combination. It was originally created for festive occasions such as Harvest or Christmas, but today it can be enjoyed all year round.
- Ardagh Cheddar with Red Wine: Named after the Smith O’Brien home of Cahermoyle, Ardagh, where this medieval monastic cheese was revived about a hundred years ago. This is an adventurous red waxed cheese, veined with red wine, was revived from an old Limerick Palatine Recipe. It has a sharp taste with a strong presence of dry red wine. Enjoyed best on crackers or crisp-bread with a glass of vintage port.
Varieties sold separately.
- These semi-soft cheddars are made from pasteurized cow's milk and vegetable rennet.
- Whole form of cheese is 5 lbs. We cut and wrap this item by hand.