broccoli, cheddar & egg hashbrowns cups
Serves: 12 cups
- Cooking spray
- 20 ounces Ore-Ida Shredded Hash Brown Potatoes, thawed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup broccoli florets, chopped
- 6 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Liberally spray a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Squeeze moisture out of Shredded Hash Brown Potatoes and place in a large bowl. Combine with olive oil and salt and pepper, to taste. Divide mixture evenly into prepared muffin cups and then press mixture into the bottom and up the sides to form a well. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until edges start to turn golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a nonstick pan sprayed with cooking spray, saute onion for 5 to 7 minutes, or until softened. Add broccoli and cook until softened and warmed throughout. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl (or liquid measuring cup), whisk together eggs, egg whites and shredded cheese.
- Once hashbrowns cups are cooked, remove from oven. Divide broccoli mixture evenly among cups and then slowly pour the egg mixture into each cup. Return to oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until eggs are set. To remove from muffin tin, run a knife around the edges and then slowly ease them out of the tin (Note: some may stick)