Brie and Blueberry Waffle Grilled Cheese
Two crisp buttermilk waffles sandwiching a blueberry compote with melted brie - the perfect grilled cheese for breakfast!
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 waffles
- 4 ounces Wisconsin Brie, thinly sliced
- In medium saucepan, combine blueberries, lemon zest, lemon juice and sugar. Bring to boil; reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce has thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Heat butter in grill pan over medium-high heat. Place 3-4 slices Brie on 4 waffles and top with generous scoop of prepared blueberry compote. Repeat with remaining waffles and top with remaining 4 waffles to make 4 sandwiches.
- Place sandwiches in pan and grill, flipping once, until waffle is golden and cheese has melted, about 2-3 minutes per side.