BRAZILIAN CREAMY RICE CASSEROLE
Author: Olivia's Cuisine
Serves: 8 to 10 servings
- 4 cups cooked rice (I used 3 bags of Success® White Rice)
- 1 cup julienned (or grated) carrots
- 7 ounces ham, finely cubed
- 6 slices thick bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1½ cups shredded or cubed mozzarella
- 1 cup requeijão or 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan
- Preheat your oven to 400F degrees.
- Combine all the ingredients, except the parmesan cheese, in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with the parmesan cheese and bring it to the preheated oven for 15 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the cheese is bubbly.
- Serve immediately!