Bourbon Banana Walnut Bread
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon fine grain salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 5 1/3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- ½ cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- Have all ingredients at room temperature. Position a rack in the lower third of the oven. Preheat the oven to 350° F. Butter a 9x5-inch loaf pan, and set aside.
- Whisk the dry ingredients (flour through baking powder) together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together using a sturdy fork or in a Kitchen-aid until it’s lightened in color and texture. Mix in the flour mixture until well blended and the consistency of brown sugar. Gradually beat in the eggs.
- Fold in the mashed bananas, walnuts, and bourbon. Scrape the batter into the pan and spread evenly. Bake at 350° F for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in the pan on a wire rack for 5 – 10 minutes before unmolding to cool completely.
- Makes a 9x5 loaf, or 8 servings
Adapted from Joy of Cooking