Type: Side Dish
Prep Time: 5 min.
Cook Time: 30 min.
Ready in: 35 min.
Beemster Pumpkin Spice and Beemster X-O Aged combine to make a delicious fall dish that is creamy, comforting, and extra special.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Set aside 1 cup Beemster Pumpkin Spice for topping. Peel the butternut squash and cut in half lengthwise, remove and discard the seeds. Cut into ½-inch cubes and lay on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Toss with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 20 min. or until squash is tender. Transfer half the squash to a bowl and puree with an immersion blender.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
- Melt the butter in a large heavy-bottom pot over medium heat. Add the flour and whisk for one min. Pour in the milk and continue whisking until sauce is thick and coats the back of a spoon, about 5-6 min.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and whisk in mustard, Beemster X-O (Extra Aged), the squash puree, and 2 cups Beemster Pumpkin Spice. Stir until Beemster is melted.
- Preheat broiler. Add the pasta and remaining butternut squash cubes to the sauce and toss to coat. Pour into a greased 2½ -quart baking dish and top with remaining 1 cup Beemster Pumpkin Spice.
- Place pasta at least 6 inches from broiler and broil until top is golden brown and the cheese is bubbly, about 5-7 min. Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
TIP Save time by swapping whole squash for 2 packages of pre-chopped butternut squash.