BBQ CHICKEN QUINOA SALAD
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/2 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup shredded BBQ chicken
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 2 tablespoons White Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2-4 tablespoons BBQ sauce
- 2 scallions, chopped
- cilantro for garnish
- In a large bowl, toss together the quinoa, corn, black beans, chicken and avocado. Season with salt and pepper
- Transfer mixture onto a bowl and top with shredded cheese, BBQ sauce, scallions and cilantro.
- Serve warm or at room temperature
This recipe calls for already cooked chicken so plan ahead! I prefer to cook my chicken in the crockpot, using 6 chicken thighs, 1 white onion sliced and 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce. I cook on low for about 6-7 hours and then shred and refrigerate for later.