Balsamic Strawberry and Chicken Pizza with Sweet Onions and Smoked Bacon
A sweet, tangy, and spicy strawberry and chicken pizza with smoked bacon and of course plenty of ooey gooey melted cheese.
Servings: makes 1 large pizza
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup strawberry preserves/jam
- sriracha to taste
- 1 cup cooked chicken, shredded or cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella, shredded
- 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
- 1 pizza dough
- 4 slices smoked bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces and cooked
- 1/4 cup sweet onion, sliced
- 3/4 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, torn
- Bring the balsamic vinegar to a boil in a small sauce pan, reduce the heat and simmer until it reduces by half, about 4-5 minutes.
- Mix in the strawberry preserves and sriracha to taste.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of the balsamic strawberry sauce into the chicken.
- Roll out the pizza dough and spread the remaining balsamic strawberry sauce onto it.
- Sprinkle on 3/4's of the cheese, the chicken, bacon and onion followed by the remaining cheese and finally 1/2 cup the strawberries.
- Bake in a preheated 500F oven until golden brown on top, about 5-10 minutes.
- Sprinkle the remaining strawberries and the cilantro onto the pizza.