Baked Roast Beef and Brie Sliders with Caramelized Onions
For the Caramelized Onions
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 large yellow onions, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
For the Sliders
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and black pepper
- 12 pretzel slider rolls
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 pound deli-style roast beef
- 1 pound brie cheese wheel, sliced thin
- Begin by preparing your caramelized onions. Melt 3 tablespoons of butter, in a large skillet, over low heat. Add the onions and salt. Cook on low, stirring occasionally, until the onions soften and begin to caramelize, about 20-25 minutes. Sprinkle on the brown sugar and stir to combine. Cook for an additional 5-10 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small saucepan, melt the 1/2 cup unsalted butter over medium-low heat. Whisk in the mustard, honey, garlic powder and a dash of salt and black pepper. Cook for 1-2 minutes more and then remove from heat.
- In a 9x13 inch baking dish, brush two tablespoons of the melted butter on the bottom of the dish. Take the bottoms of your rolls and place them in the baking dish. Layer on baby spinach, roast beef and brie cheese. Top with caramelized onions. Place the tops of the rolls on top. Brush the remaining melted butter mixture directly on top of the rolls.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately. Enjoy!