baked goat cheese
- 1 8 oz log goat cheese, softened
- 1 small box or jar marinara sauce (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, cut into ribbons
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a small baking dish, press goat cheese to fit shape of dish, leaving a 1-inch border around edge. Gently spoon marinara into border, taking care to cover the edge of goat cheese but not the middle (see photo). Sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until goat cheese is hot and soft and marinara is hot and bubbling.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with basil. Serve immediately with crostini or garlic bread for dipping.