|Asparagus Goat Cheese Galette||
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 1 hour
A seasonal tart, perfect for brunch, lunch or an appetizer. For a super quick version, replace the crust with puff pastry.
- 1 1/4 cup unbleached white flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons frozen unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup ice cold water
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup goat cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup grated mozzarella
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound asparagus, washed and trimmed
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon water
- To prepare crust, combine flour and salt in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse twice to combine. Add butter and pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal. Transfer mixture to a large bowl. In a smaller bowl, whisk together yogurt, water, and lemon juice. Pour over flour mixture and use hands or a wooden spoon to form dough into a ball. Wrap in plastic and store in freezer for 20 minutes.
- To prepare filling, whisk together olive oil and garlic clove in a small bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the three cheeses and stir in one teaspoon of olive oil mixture. Refrigerate until ready for use.
- To assemble galette, preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- On a well floured surface, roll the chilled dough into a 12-inch circle, trimming edges until smooth. Transfer dough to lined baking sheet. Leaving a 2-inch border, spread the cheese mixture evenly over dough. Arrange asparagus over the cheese then drizzle remaining olive oil mixture over the top. Fold over the edges of dough, pleating to make it fit.
- Whisk together egg yolk and water. Brush over the crust and bake for 30 minutes or until cheese is puffed, asparagus is tender, and crust is golden brown.