This soup is unbelievably delicious! It is so flavorful, delicious and unique! It will quickly become a new favorite!
- 3 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3 cups chopped carrots
- 6 Tablespoons butter
- 4 cups chopped and peeled potatoes, cut into small bite sized pieces
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups half and half
- 2 cups shredded Asiago cheese
- 6 slices of cooked bacon, chopped
- In a large sauce melt butter and saute onions, celery, and carrots until tender. Add potatoes, wine and chicken stock. Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add cream and cook another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the Asiago cheese.
- With an immersion blender, blend soup until creamy or until slightly chunky, whichever your preference.
- Garnish with bacon and more cheese.