Author: Adapted from Megan's Cookin'
Recipe type: Appetizer
Think of this as Cheesy Garlic Bread meets Baked Artichoke Dip, only even better - it's ooey, gooey and pretty much guaranteed to ruin your appetite for dinner (but it's totally worth it).
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 (14 oz) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar and mozarella cheese blend
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 large shallot, finely minced
- 1 small loaf ciabatta bread
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat broiler, and line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a large skillet set over medium-high heat, melt the butter until foamy. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Remove from heat, and stir in artichoke hearts, mozzarella, cheddar, Parmesan, sour cream and shallot until combined.
- Slice the bread lengthwise. Place the bread halves on the prepared baking sheet, cut side up, and spoon the cooled cheese and artichoke mixture overtop. Broil until cheese is melted and bread is hot. Cut each half into six pieces and serve right away, while the cheese is still nice and melty.