ARTICHOKE AND SPINACH ROASTED SALMON
Author: Katya @ http://www.littlebroken.com
- 4 fresh skin-on or skin-off salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 4 oz. cream cheese, really softened at room temperature
- 2 Tbsp. plain Greek yogurt (I used full fat)
- 2 Tbsp. shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove, pressed or finely grated
- ½ cup lightly packed fresh baby spinach leaves
- ¾ cup roughly chopped canned artichoke hearts (not in oil)
- 1 lemon, sliced
- olive oil
- salt + pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- Pat the salmon dry with a paper towel. Place the salmon (skin-side down, if applicable) on a baking sheet. Drizzle oil over the top of each salmon fillet, just enough to coat, and rub it over the salmon with fingers or pastry brush. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, then top with lemon slices.
- Roast for 8-10 minutes or until the outside is opaque and the inside is still pink.
- While the salmon is roasting, prepare the artichoke + spinach topping.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, Greek yogurt, parmesan, and garlic. Stir in the spinach, and then gently the artichokes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Remove the salmon from the oven and top each fillet evenly with the artichoke mixture. I kept the lemon slices on but you can discard. Transfer the salmon back in the oven and continue roasting for additional 4-6 minutes or until the salmon is completely cooked and the topping is heated through. Serve immediately.
roasting time depends on the thickness of your salmon, for every half-inch of salmon roast approximately 4-6 minutes