Author: BS’ in the Kitchen
Recipe type: Dinner
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 40 mins
Total time: 45 mins\
Easy to make, budget friendly, and good for the soul! This Chicken Cacciatore hits all the right spots!
- 4 chicken thighs (or chicken breast)
- olive oil
- ½ spanish onion (sliced)
- ¼ green bell pepper (sliced)
- 1 cup halved mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- italian seasoning
- 1 can of diced tomatoes (28 oz.)
- ½ cup chicken broth
- a few pinches of flour
- 4 servings of pasta
- If using chicken thighs, remove skin, bones, and cut into chunks.
- In a pan on medium heat, add about two tablespoons of olive oil.
- Once heated, add chicken into the pan, cooking for about five minutes, until it’s cooked about half-way through.
- Remove chicken, and add onion into the pan, adding more olive oil if necessary.
- Saute onions until they begin to turn translucent (about five minutes), then add in the bell pepper and mushrooms, cooking until softened (5-8 minutes).
- Add in italian seasoning, and oregano to taste, along with the minced garlic, stirring to mix with other ingredients.
- Add a can of diced tomatoes and ½ a cup of chicken broth, bring to a boil, then reducing heat until liquid is simmering, add your chicken back into the pan, along with a few pinches of flour to thicken the liquid and cook for about 15-20 minutes until liquid has reduced into a sauce like consistency.
- While your sauce is reducing, cook pasta according to package directions, top with chicken cacciatore and enjoy!
- Feel free to sprinkle on some fresh parmesan cheese and garnish with parsley if you’re feeling a little fancy. I know I was!