This roasted tomato soup is served caprese-style with burrata, balsamic reduction, and fresh basil leaves!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 pounds vine-ripened tomatoes, halved
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 slices sourdough bread, crusts trimmed
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 8 ounces burrata cheese, for serving
- 2 tablespoons balsamic reduction, for serving
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, chiffonade, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Add olive oil and onion to the bottom of an 8x8 baking dish. Add tomatoes, cut side up, in an even layer over the onion; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place into oven and roast until slightly tender, about 20 minutes. Add garlic in an even layer over the tomatoes. Place into oven and roast until the tomatoes are soft, an additional 10 minutes; let cool 10-15 minutes.
- Combine tomatoes, bread, Parmesan and broth in blender or food processor until smooth.
- Serve immediately, garnished with burrata, balsamic reduction and basil leaves.