What you need to make one breakfast roll Banh mi:
- 1 crusty individual baguette, buttered
- a thick slice of smoked ham or other cold cut of your choice
- slices of mature cheddar
- 1 – 2 eggs, fried
- pickled vegetables like carrot, daikon or zucchini
- a few fresh coriander leaves
- finely sliced spring onions
- hot sauce such as sriracha, as much as you like
- salt and pepper if you prefer
Fry the egg as you would and to your liking. I did so in a few drops of sesame oil. Remove and set aside.
Butter the roll and assemble the sandwich. Finish off with a sprinkle of finely sliced spring onions and a good drizzle of hot sauce.