BAKED GOATS CHEESE ROLLS WITH HONEY AND THYME
Author: Recipe adapted from Drizzle & Dip
Recipe type: Appetiser
- 1- 2 rectangular filo at sheets (depending on the size of your sheets)
- Leaves from 8 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 60 gms – 4 tbsp butter, melted
- 125 gms – 5 oz. soft goat’s cheese
- 4 tsp honey (lavender if possible)
- Cut the filo sheet in half lengthways, and in half crossways to make 4 rectangles measuring approximately 15x20 cm (6”x8”).
- Brush the rectangles generously with butter, ensuring that about 1 tbsp is saved to brush the tops.
- Sprinkle some thyme leaves along the long length of each pastry rectangle and fold it in to encase it. Crumble some goat’s cheese in a line along the opposite short side of the pastry. Starting at the goats cheese end, roll the pastry once over the goats cheese and carry on rolling all way to the thyme, sealing the join.
- Repeat the process to make 4 rolls.
- Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper and brush once more with the remaining butter. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°C – 355°F for 15-20 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Serve immediately with a drizzle of honey on top.