BACON WRAPPED CREAM CHEESE STUFFED CHICKEN
rate this recipe
|CHANGE SERVINGS? SERVINGS||CHANGE THE UNITS?|
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, cook bacon until it begins to curl and turn red - you want it to be partially cooked but still flimsy. Place bacon on a paper towl while preparing other ingredients.
- In a small bowl, mix together cream cheese and chives. Set aside.
- Place chicken breasts in a plastic bag. Using a meat mallet, flatten chicken breasts until they're about 1/4 inch thick.
- Spoon a portion of the cream cheese mix and spread it in the center of the chicken breast, keeping at least a 1/2 inch gap from the edges clear.
- Starting with the smallest end, roll up the chicken breast. With the seam side of the chicken facing up, wrap pieces of bacon around it so that the ends of the bacon are tucked beneath the chicken. Wrapping this way should secure the bacon and keep the chicken wrapped. If needed, use toothpicks to help keep the chicken wrap together.
- Place chicken in a baking dish of your choice (I used a 9x13 I had handy) and bake for 30 minutes. Turn oven to broil for 5 minutes to crisp the bacon. If desired, sprinkle more fresh chopped chives on top. Serve immediately.