Pimento Cheese Deviled Eggs
PREP TIME: 20 minutes
COOK TIME: 12 minutes
- 12 hard boiled eggs
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 ounces shredded pepper jack cheese
- 2 1/2 tablespoons pimento peppers, drained and diced
- Fresh herbs for garnish
- Peel and rinse the hard boiled eggs. Then cut them in half and remove the yolks. Place the whites on a serving tray. Place the yolks in the food processor.
- Add the cream cheese, mayonnaise, mustard, paprika, and garlic powder to the food processor. Puree until completely smooth, then add the shredded cheeses and diced pimentos. Pulse to combine, but do not puree.
- Scoop (or pipe) the pimento cheese filling into the center of each egg white. Then top with fresh dill sprigs or chives as a garnish. Sprinkle with pepper if desired. Wrap well and refrigerate until ready to serve.