Peas with Prosciutto
Prep time:10 mins
Cook time:10 mins
Total time:20 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-3 shallots, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 garlic clove, pressed through a garlic press or very finely minced
- 1 pound frozen peas
- 4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, diced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil, then add the shallots and garlic. Sauté about 1-2 minutes or until the shallots are starting to get translucent.
- Add the peas to the skillet and stirring frequently, heat through (about 5 – 7 minutes depending on the size of your peas).
- Remove the skillet from the heat and add in the prosciutto, parsley, salt and pepper. Toss gently to combine.
- Serve immediately.