Creamy Roasted Mushroom and Brie Soup
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 40 minutes Total Time: 50 minutes Servings: 4
A cream of mushroom soup with brie to make it extra creamy and good!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 1/2 pounds mushrooms, quartered
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup white wine (or broth)
- 4 cups vegetable broth or chicken broth
- 4 ounces brie, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup milk or heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Toss the mushrooms in the oil, place on a baking sheet in a single layer and roast in a preheated 400F oven until they start to caramelize, about 20-30 minutes, mixing them up once in the middle.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a pan over medium heat, add the onions and cook until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and thyme and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the flour and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the wine and deglaze the pan.
- Add the broth and mushrooms, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the milk and brie, let the brie melt, fish out the rinds and season with salt and pepper to taste before pureeing to the desired consistency and enjoy!
Slow Cooker: Implement steps 1-4, place everything except the cream into the slow cooker and cook on low for 6-10 hours or on high for 4-6 hours before adding the cream and pureeing.
Option: Saute the mushrooms in a pan with the onions instead of roasting them.
Option: Add 2 tablespoons white miso.