ASIAN CHICKEN SALAD WITH SESAME CHILI VINAIGRETTE
Author: Pinch of Yum
Prep time: 30 mins
Total time: 30 mins
- 1 rotisserie chicken, meat pulled off and shredded
- 2 small heads Chinese green cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 2 cucumbers, diced
- ½ cup chopped green onion
- ½ cup sweet chili garlic sauce
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 5 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 4 tablespoons lime juice (I used calamansi - yum)
- 2 teaspoons wasabi paste
- crushed peanuts for topping
- Cook the peas according to directions. Drain and let cool slightly.
- Combine chicken, cabbage, peas, carrots, cucumbers, and green onions. Toss to combine. Cover and chill for an hour.
- Whisk the chili sauce, honey, oil, vinegar, lime juice, and wasabi paste until well mixed. Chill for an hour.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss well. Sprinkle each serving with crushed peanuts.
I like to chill this salad so it's nice and cold, but you wouldn't have to chill it for an hour if you were really hungry. :) Also, the dressing is totally personal preference as far as measurements go. Omit the wasabi if you don't like it spicy, bump up the vinegar or lime juice if you want it to be more acidic, etc.