year of the butterfly. Inspired by the original "198 Hardoy Chair" (aka "Butterfly") designed in 1938. Who knew? It had a natural leather hide sling and not the ubiquitous fabrics on collapsible hairpin frames. Our butterfly is the monarch, ruling again in iconic style. Top-grain, full-aniline, vegetable-tanned leather hides read pure vintage in soft black, hand-stitched in quadrants and hand-laced at the edges. Rich grain and inherent markings enhance the natural beauty and character of the hide, protected with a water-based lacquer. Displayed in all its glory on a substantial tubular iron frame antiqued zinc (it doesn't fold…it's here to stay). Super easy assembly, no hardware required. We like four in a conversation circle.
Colors: Black or Camel
1938 leather butterfly chair. 30"Wx30"Dx34.5"H
- Iconic "Butterfly" design
- Tubular iron frame with light antiqued zinc finish; water-based clear matte powdercoat
- Seat is top-grain, full-aniline leather protected with water-based lacquer
- Each leather panel will have natural variations in markings; each chair is unique
- Hand-stitched hides; hand-laced leather edging
- Supports up to 325 lbs
- Minimal assembly; no hardware required
- Made in India
Overall DimensionsWidth: 30"Depth: 30"Height: 34.5"Seat HeightHeight: 14"